Name index and images of cards for men, age 45-64 (born 1877-1897), included in the fourth draft conducted on April 27, 1942. On FamilySearch.org, the indexed portion of this publication currently includes the states of Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York Bronx, New York Kings, New Hampshire, New York Manhattan, Massachusetts, New York Queens, New York Staten Island, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin
This draft registration, called the Fourth Registration, or Old Manís Registration, was held on April 27, 1942. The purpose of this registration was to collect information on industrial capacity and skills of men who were born between April 27, 1877 and February 16, 1897 (ages 45 to 64). This draft registration was not intended to be used for military service but toprovide a complete inventory of manpower resources in the United States that could be utilized for national service during World War II.
Exercise: (If you ever want to print the exercise, simply right click the mouse anywhere on the screen.)
1. What is Paul Brunstís birthdate and birthplace?
2. What is his occupation?
3. Who do you think Marcella is? Wife, Mother, Sister, Aunt? How would you find out? Hint: Look up Paul Brunst in the 1940 Cuyahoga County Ohio census.
4. What is the physical characterization that will aid in identifying him?
Find a male ancestor born between 1877 and 1897 in your family tree, who is not dead by 1942. Notice the states above that have been indexed.
To search in the collection, do the following:
1. Type Familysearch.org into your browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox)
2. Scroll down the page until you see Browse All Published Collections and click on it.
3. Type World War II Draft Registration Card into the Filter by collection name.
4. Type the first and last name of your ancestor and search. If you get too many hits try adding his birthplace, birth date, or residence on the left.
Did you find any new information? Add this source to your Sourcebox on Family Tree and link it to that ancestor.
Please contact me if you have any questions. Carol Hill - firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-380-9192